Constructed in 1890 and used as a pilgrimage chapel, the Wallfahrtskappelle was formerly located in a wooded area of St. Leo Parish. Once a month on Sundays, the pastor and parishioners would take a walking pilgrimage to the chapel to recite the rosary and prayers in what was known as Gottesdienst an Sonntagen. The chapel was later moved to St. Leo Cemetery for services on All Saints Day and All Souls Day. It was later moved to the present site "under the original oaks" and is used for private meditation, processions (Corpus Christi, Palm Sunday, All Souls Day, and Rogation Days), the Living Rosary, and retreats.
For more information, please call the Roberts Cove German Heritage Museum at 337-334-8354.