The 6th Annual Courir de Mardi Gras de L'anse is still on! While we will not be able to host our gumbo and dance at the end of the run like usual, we are still running through the Cove on Saturday, February 6. Runners meetings start NEXT WEEK - there will be 3 meetings total between now and the run. January 21, January 28 and February 4. Meetings will be held at 7:00 PM at the barn located at 1174 Lafosse Rd. Morse, LA 70559.
Some things to remember about our run:
- Only men, age 15 and older, in full traditional costume can participate in the run. *See more information below about runners below age 21
- Runners MUST attend at least one meeting. No exceptions.
- Registrations forms will only be available at meetings
- The fee to run is $30 up until the run and $35 on the morning of
- Runners under 21 must have a "sponsor" - a friend or family member that is 21 or older and is also participating in the run.
More information is available on our website at www.cadientoujours.org. Because our dance will not be held as usual, we are working on a possible stop that may be open to the general public. We will share that information here and on our website if we are able to set it up.
Allons, Mardi Gras!
Join us for the Annual Courir de Mardi Gras de L’anse! This traditional, Cajun Mardi Gras run will start at 8:00 am and roll down the back roads of Mermentau Cove, Louisiana, making several stops including private homes and Istre Cemetery. We’ll finish off the day with a fais do-do and gumbo, which all are invited to attend! Details about the fais do-do will be shared on our website and Facebook in January.
Respecting tradition, only costumed men age 17 or older will be able to participate as runners. Any man interested in running should call: Devon Vincent - Vice President of Cadien Toujour | Head Mardi Gras Captain @ 337-356-6045Or call: Chance Henry - Presdient of Cadien Toujour | Mardi Gras Captain @ 337-789-5093
Or email Cadien Toujour at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the fais do-do, t-shirts, and the day of please visit www.cadientoujours.org and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cadientoujours.